- 1 pack of soft tortillas/wraps
- 100g/4oz paneer cheese, cut into strips
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tin of mixed beans, chickpeas or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Greek yogurt/soured cream/guacamole/salsa and sliced jalapeño peppers to serve
Add the paneer chunks, sprinkle with 1 tsp of mild chilli powder and fry until golden brown, then remove from the pan and keep warm.
Add a drop more oil to the pan and fry the onions and peppers for a few minutes until softened.
Add the beans and the remaining spices, herbs and garlic.
Throw in the mushrooms and cooked paneer and stir well.
Cook for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spoon into the wraps, add a dollop of soured cream, yogurt, salsa or guacamole and roll/fold up. Serve with salad.
Alternative: Used sliced and fried firm tofu instead of the paneer for a vegan dish.