- 200g/8oz paneer, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into quarters
For the marinade:
- 2 tsp tandoori/tikka spice mix or paste
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
For the mint sauce:
- 1 cup of plain yogurt/dairy-free yogurt
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp garden mint sauce concentrate (the type you add your own sugar and vinegar to)
- A few dashes of chilli sauce
Add all of the kebab ingredients and coat well in the marinade.
Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for an hour.
Soak wooden kebab skewers in water for a few minutes (to help prevent them from burning), and thread alternate chunks of paneer, onion and pepper onto the skewers.
Grill or bbq for around 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Serve in a warm pitta or naan bread with salad and mint sauce.
To make the mint sauce, simply mix all of the ingredients together, adding chilli sauce to taste.
Alternative: Use diced meat-free 'chicken-style' fillets instead of paneer if preferred.
Vegan version: Use whole button mushrooms or firm, pressed tofu instead of the paneer.