Sunday 2 December 2018

Pizza Muffins or...Puffins (plus an update)

© Pizza Muffins (Puffins) 
It's been a while, I know. So I feel I owe any regular readers (if there are any left) an explanation.  If the truth be told, I've fallen out of love with blogging for a few reasons:
  • Competitiveness - I used to read a lot of other blogs and felt my posts and images needed to look as good. That takes time. A lot of time. 
  • Inspiration -  lack of!
  • Kids growing up - one is at uni and the other is at college and will go to uni next year. That means that we have fewer family meals together.
  • Work - working full time leaves less time for blogging. When I started blogging, I was working part-time.
  • Health - I've not been too well lately. No sympathy needed, but again, this has reduced the time and energy I've had available.
Anyway, let's get on with the recipe....no fancy photos. Sorry (not sorry!)

This is a bit of a rehash of an old recipe of mine, but I really enjoyed coming up with a new idea, and the family enjoyed eating the results. Basically, they're mini pizzas cooked in a muffin pan. 
  • 1 quantity bread dough
  • tomato puree or tapenade
  • chunks of firm cheese (feta, Cheddar, Manchego etc.)
  • topping: olives, pepper chopped into chunks, thin slices of mushroom, vegetarian pepperoni etc.
  • dried oregano/mixed herbs or fresh, chopped basil
Make up the bread dough and leave to prove.

Pre-heat oven to 200 C fan/220 C/Gas 7/425 F
Cut the dough into 24 small pieces and roll into rough ball shapes using your hands.
Pop each dough ball into a section of a well oiled muffin tin.
Leave to prove in a warm place for a further 10-15 minutes.

Oil the end of a small rolling pin or similar blunt implement! You could also use a knuckle.
Poke a dent/well into each dough ball but be careful not to go through the bottom of the dough.
Fill with around  ½ tsp of tomato puree or tapenade and your other toppings. 
Sprinkle with dried or fresh herbs.

© Garlic Bread Muffins
Bake in a hot oven for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Suitable for freezing.

Variation: Garlic dough ball puffins - fill the well of each dough ball with ½ tsp garlic butter and a sprinkle of grated mozzarella. Bake as above.

Vegan option: Fill as above and use vegan cheese or omit the cheese. Drizzle pizzas with a little olive oil.




Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I am still here Lisa x
    I know how you feel Lisa, I go through days when I dislike blogging, but I continue for myself as I do enjoy sharing what I have made and encourage you to do so, when you feel like it, don't treat it like a chore.
    I think the pizza muffins look gorgeous. Please don't fret about professional pictures, you will note mine, are plonked in front of the window with the most light and just taken, I don't have time or energy to faff for magazine style photo shots. Like you I work f/t and donot always have the energy to blog either, but do when I can muster the enthusiasm. I stopped reading PR related blogs a long time ago, esp when I met with some PR bloggers who were all about the money they were getting, freebies. I don't find them honest and they tend to be the ones that that are desperate for high ratings and all that. I steer away from that competitiveness and enjoy my blog space for what it is - it is for me. Hope your blog space remains a cool place for you. I am a fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I've just come across your blog for the first time. I love it! You are old skool (honest, what it says on the tin, and above all - human) and I just love that. I echo everything Shaheen said above and also want to add that everything you have blogged already stands as a massive contribution to the community. I'm a mum of two and want to give my family vegetarian food but working full time and food fussiness (the kids, not me!) makes it really hard.

    I'm looking forward to digging in to all that is here!

    If you ever have time to write more, I would love to hear your experience/advice about how to shop and plan, say for 3-5 main meals plus light (easy/no cook/warmup) lunches at one time, in a way that uses up all the ingredients you buy.
    @elmienw (Twitter)


    I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks so much for your comment, that means a lot. Definitely old skool -vegetarian before it was fashionable! :-)

      Delete

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...