- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 50g/2oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 slices of wholemeal bread, made into breadcrumbs
Scrape the ingredients down from the sides of the bowl and repeat until you have a fairly smooth mixture.
Add just enough breadcrumbs to form a fairly stiff, but not dry, mixture.
Roll into 10-12 balls and flatten slightly.
Chill in the fridge for around half an hour.
Heat 2 tbsp of the sun-dried tomato oil in a large frying pan, on a medium heat.
Cook the falafels for around 4-5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
Serve with pittas, salad and your favourite dip or sauce.
Lower-fat alternative: Brush or spray with vegetable oil and bake for 10-15 minutes at 170C/160C Fan/Gas 3/325F, turning once.