- 200g/8oz crushed vegan digestive biscuits (Graham crackers)
- 100g/4oz dairy-free spread (not reduced/low fat)
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or your choice of coffee, peppermint, orange extract etc)
- 100g/4oz chopped dried fruit (I used raisins, glace cherries and apricots)
- 100g/4oz dairy-free chocolate, melted.
Put the spread, sugar, cocoa, and syrup in a bowl and melt on a low setting in the microwave. Stir well.
Add the flavouring, dried fruits and crushed biscuits.
Mix until all the biscuit crumbs are coated.
Pour into a greased square baking tin and press down well with the back of a spoon.
Melt the chocolate on a low setting in the microwave.
Pour over the biscuit base and spread, with the back of a spoon, to cover.
Chill in the fridge.
Cut into squares when cold.
Keeps for up to a week in an airtight container.
Not suitable for freezing.
Alternatives: you can really use any plain biscuits in this recipe such as rich tea, shortbread, Nice etc. or use a combination if you wish.
Swap the dried fruits for chopped nuts or seeds, if preferred.
Gluten-free option: swap the biscuits for a gluten-free variety.
Top Tip: This is a good recipe to use up left over Christmas or Easter chocolate.