Tuesday 29 October 2013

Baked Corn on the Cob

©
This isn't a recipe as such, but I thought I'd share the idea, as this was the best corn on the cob I've ever cooked (or eaten!). I think that cooking the corn in its husk and then wrapping in foil, makes it more moist and juicy.
  • 4 sweetcorn cobs in their husks
  • 2 tbsp butter, dairy-free spread or olive oil
  • 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
  • 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
Strip off the outer layers of the husk, until you get to the thinner, softer layers. 
Peel the inner layers back carefully, so they remain attached to the cob.
Lay each corn cob on a sheet of foil.
Spread or brush the marinade over the corn. 
Wrap the husk layers back over the corn, then wrap tightly in foil.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190C/180C Fan/Gas 5/375F (or in the bonfire embers) for 30-40 minutes. Alternatively grill on the barbecue, turning occasionally.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE baked corn - definitely the best way to cook it, I agree :) keeps it nice and moist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always bought the bare cobs before, but they taste so much better baked with their jackets on!

      Delete

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...