Serves 4, takes 30 minutes to cook.
- 1-2 vegetarian/vegan sausages per person
- 1 tin of baked beans (or any other kind of tinned beans)
- 500ml passata
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp mixed dried herbs or oregano
- 2 red bell peppers cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp veggie Worcester sauce (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- 250g dried pasta
Cook the onion, garlic and peppers for 5 minutes on a medium heat until softened.
Add the passata, Worcester sauce, herbs and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the sausages and pasta.
Drain the pasta, chop the sausages into chunks and mix both into the pasta sauce.
Alternatives: For an even quicker meal, use a jar of ready made tomato pasta sauce instead of the onion, garlic and passata.
Swap the baked beans for any other tinned beans, to reduce the sugar content.
Use any vegetables you need to use up (mushrooms, sweetcorn, courgette etc), rather than the peppers, to make this dish even more economical.