- 50g/2oz butter or dairy-free spread
- 50g/2oz soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 3-4 eating apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 75g/3oz butter/dairy-free spread
- 75g/3oz caster sugar
- 100g/4oz SR flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg or equivalent egg-replacer
- 1 tbsp water
Cream the remaining butter and sugar together for the cake mixture.
Add the egg, water, baking powder and flour and mix to a smooth (but quite thick) batter/mixture.
Spoon into the tin and spread over the apples.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C/170C Fan/Gas 4 for around 30 minutes or until the sponge is golden brown and firm to the touch.
Turn out and serve warm. Pin It