Makes 8-10 falafel.
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- a little black pepper or chilli powder
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
Mix in enough fresh breadcrumbs to make a dough-like mixture - add more if needed.
Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
Form into 8-10 small balls and flatten slightly.
Brush with vegetable oil on both sides and fry, oven bake or barbecue.
Serve with salad and hummus or tzatziki.
Makes 4 large 'veggie burger' patties instead of falafel.
Suitable for freezing.
Vegan alternative: Omit the egg and replace with and extra 1 tbsp tahini paste for a vegan option. Use around ½ cup of fresh (vegan) breadcrumbs,as the mixture will be slightly drier. Pin It