- 2 aubergines cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped (or 1 tsp dried mint)
- 25g/1oz vegan Parmesan-style topping such as Parmazano (or grated vegetarian Parmesan-style cheese for non-vegans).
When all the aubergine is cooked, return to the pan and add the oregano, mint, garlic and vinegar.
Simmer on a low heat for around 3-5 minutes, until soft and tender.
When cooked, sprinkle with the cheese/cheese substitute (optional).
Alternatively, marinate the aubergine in oil, vinegar, garlic and herbs. Thread onto skewers and cook on the barbecue.