- 50g/2oz peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 50g/2oz butter or dairy-free spread
- 1 egg or equivalent vegan egg replacer
- 2 tbsp date, agave or golden syrup
- 25g/1oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- 75g/3oz SR flour
- 50g/2oz soft, brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Toppings: your choice of chopped (dairy-free) chocolate, vegetarian sweets, dried fruit/chopped nuts, chocolate-hazelnut spread, jam, nut butter or a combination of any of these.
Stir well and mix in the sugar, syrup and vanilla.
Beat in the egg or egg equivalent and finally stir in the flour and cocoa powder.
Grease and line the base of a microwave-safe dish (around 15cm round or square).
Spoon in the mixture and spread out evenly with the back of a spoon.
Spoon or sprinkle your topping/s over the surface of the mixture.
Cook for 3-4 minutes on high in the microwave, or until the edges are cooked and firm and the middle still looks just slightly undercooked. Check after 2½-3 minutes, to ensure it doesn't over cook.
Leave in the dish and allow to cool for 10-15 mins.
Cut into 4-9 pieces.
Remove from the dish and serve warm or cold with custard or ice cream, if so desired.
Suitable for freezing.