|© Lime and Coriander Quorn Kebabs|
Serves 8 as a starter/4 as a main course
- 1 pack of Quorn fillets/vegetarian chicken-style fillets, defrosted if frozen
- 2 limes (or 1 lemon), juice and zest
- 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped or ½ tsp hot chilli sauce
- 2 tsbp olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
Cut the vegetarian fillets into large chunks (about 1"/2½cm square) - I cut each Quorn fillet into 6 pieces.
Add the Quorn pieces to the bowl and turn to coat.
Marinade for a couple of hours in the fridge.
Thread the pieces onto skewers, retaining any marinade (if using wooden skewers, soak them first in water...I forgot to do this, hence the charred ends in the photo!)
Grill or bbq for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally and basting with the remaining marinade, until cooked through and lightly browned.
Serve with rice or wraps.
Not suitable for freezing.
Alternatives: Add whole mushrooms, sliced courgette, bell peppers and onion to the kebabs. Pin It