- 2 cups hard, tasty cheese (e.g. extra mature cheddar, hard goat's cheese), grated
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 level tsp paprika
- 1 level tsp English mustard powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup chopped vegetable anti-pasti (e.g. olives, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers)
Mix the eggs and milk together.
Put all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the egg and milk mixture. Stir gently to combine.
Spoon mixture into a well greased muffin tin.
Bake at 200C/190C Fan/Gas 6/400F for 12-15 mins, or until firm and golden brown.
Leave to cool for a few minutes and then loosen around each muffin with a knife before turning out and cooling on a wire rack.
Best eaten warm on the day you've made them.
Suitable for freezing.
Alternatives: Bake mini, bite-size muffins for parties. Reduce the cooking time to 8-10 minutes.Pin It