Thursday 30 August 2012

Good Natured Salads - a review and a recipe for Greek Salad

©
When I was asked to review Good Natured salad products, my first thought was to test them out in a Greek salad, having recently come back from a holiday in Crete, where we enjoyed many Greek (or village) salads. Luckily we're big fans of salads in the Onykahonie household - I say luckily because some people think that's all us vegetarians eat! 

The Good Natured range consists of a variety of mainly UK produced salad crops, herbs, fruits and vegetables. What makes them different from other brands, is that they are free from pesticide residues, as they are grown using natural predators (ladybirds, not lions!) to see off the nasty crop-munching pests. This makes them slightly more expensive to buy than regular fruit and veg, but a similar price to organically-produced products.
The vine tomatoes and cucumber we tested looked pretty enough and tasted as good as any organic salad products we've eaten. I can't say that I would be prepared to pay the extra for them (having stopped receiving an organic box for cost reasons), but I would certainly prefer to see wide-spread use of this method of horticulture to help decrease both the price of pesticide-free fruit and vegetables and the use of pesticides in the UK. There is more information about the way Good Natured products are grown here
Find Good Natured products in larger ASDA stores. Look out for the labelled products in green boxes.

Greek salad

©
  • 1 small lettuce, washed and shredded
  • ½ cucumber, cut in half and sliced
  • 2 large vine tomatoes, cut into chunks
  • 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
  • ½ small onion, sliced thinly
  • a handful of Greek olives
  • 125g Greek feta cheese, sliced thickly
  • dried oregano and olive oil to serve.
Place the lettuce at the bottom of a bowl. 
Scatter the remaining salad ingredients over. Top with the feta cheese and sprinkle of dried oregano. Drizzle a little olive oil over to serve.

Integrity Statement
I received a voucher towards the purchase price of Good Natured products. I was not required to write a positive review and the views expressed are genuinely those of myself and my family. 

Logo used with kind permission from Good Natured ©


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious!!
    Btw, I am looking for people to do Guest Posts while I go away travelling and find my feet if you'd be interested?
    Life of a Vegetarian Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought i'd say hi being a first time visitor, and another UK blogger. This is my favourite salad, so easy but healthy and nutritious. Now if i was sitting in Greece eating it, now that would be bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks Larry...I must admit it tastes better in Greece!

      Delete
  3. Looks Nutritious and delicious, thanks for the information too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...