Make 2 large pizzas
- 1 quantity basic pizza dough
- 2 medium aubergines/eggplants, thinly sliced
- tomato sauce (or tomato puree)
- fresh basil and dried oregano
- 2 balls of mozzarella, drained and chopped
- 100g/4oz parmesan style cheese, thinly sliced or shaved
- olive oil
Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan.
Fry the aubergines in batches on a medium-high heat, adding more oil as needed. The aubergine slices need to be soft and golden brown.
Preheat the oven to its hottest setting.
Roll or stretch the dough to make 2 large pizza bases. Place on greased baking sheets.
Top each base with several tbsp. of tomato sauce, then scatter with the chopped mozzarella and herbs.
Arrange the slices of aubergine and parmesan-style cheese over the top.
Bake in a hot oven for 8-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the base is golden brown.