Saturday, 21 June 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Mini Muffin Doughnuts

Cinnamon Sugar Mini Muffin Doughnuts
When I saw Michelle from Utterly Scrummy's recipe for these delicious-looking, mini muffin-doughnuts (which are obviously not Duffins!), I just had to make them. They're really simple to make, and taste even better then they look! They have the taste and texture of those mini supermarket doughnuts.

I made a few minor changes to the recipe as follows...

  • I halved the recipe (to make 24) and replaced the cinnamon in the cake mixture with vanilla extract. 
  • To coat the muffins, I mixed 2 tsp of cinnamon with 6 tbsp sugar. 
  • I melted around 4 tbsp butter and after dipping a couple and seeing how much butter each muffin absorbed, I decided to just dip the 'muffin tops' into the butter, but still roll the whole cakes in the cinnamon sugar.

 Bookmarked RecipesI froze half of the batch and took a few out to defrost as and when anyone fancied one. They are best served warm and I found that a 10-15 second blast in the microwave did the job, without affecting the taste or texture.

My next challenge is to make a vegan version, so watch this space!

I'm adding this post to this month's Bookmarked Recipes over on Tinned Tomatoes.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Oh pass a few this way Lisa, if you haven't eaten them already that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, they've all been eaten now...I'll send you a couple of my next batch though ;-)

      Delete
  2. I remember seeing these on Michelle's blog too! It does sound like a great recipe. Sadly I'm trying to avoid making sweet things at the moment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...