Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Flapjacks with Dried Fruits, Nuts and Seeds (Vegan)

 © 
This is a fruity adaptation of my vegan chocolate flapjack recipe. It came into being after finding a packet of almost out-of-date dried dates at the back of my cupboard!

Makes 12-16 bars/squares.
  • 150g/6oz dairy-free spread
  • 150g/5oz soft brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp golden syrup
  • 150g/6oz mixed chopped dried fruit, nuts and/or seeds 
  • 225g/9oz porridge oats  
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/150C Fan Oven/325F/Gas 3.
Melt the spread with the sugar and syrup (in a pan or in the microwave).
Stir in the dried fruit/nuts/seeds and the vanilla extract.
Mix in the oats until coated in the syrup.
Pour into a greased baking tin (15cm x 20cm approx) and flatten with a fork or spoon.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before marking into squares/bars with a knife.
Turn out when cool - not before, or they'll fall apart!
Suitable for freezing.

Alternatives: Top with melted dairy-free chocolate when cool, for a more indulgent flapjack! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Your flapjack looks good. I love how versatile they can be.
    Our favourite flapjack addition is sesame seeds!

    Hannah
    http://www.homebakedonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog by accident when looking for a recipe to use up the walnuts and dried fruit I had left over from Christmas. I have a tried and tested plain flapjack recipe, but decided to try yours yesterday. I made double the amount as I like to freeze half for another time. They are absolutely lovely, something which the half-empty box proves! Thank you for sharing your recipe, I will be making them again in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, that's great to hear :-) I haven't made these for a while, so I must make another batch soon!

      Delete
  3. I made these today and they came out great! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked them...thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...