- 2 little gem or 1 cos/romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 8cm/3" chunk of cucumber, de-seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 50g/2oz pitted olives, sliced
- ½ can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp each of fresh chopped mint and parsley
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put all of the salad ingredients, apart from the lettuce, into a bowl.
Mix the dressing ingredients together, drizzle over the salad and mix gently.
Allow the flavours to marinate for around half an hour before serving on a bed of lettuce leaves.
I'm adding this recipe to this month's No Crouton's Required Challenge, created and co-hosted by Lisa's Kitchen and Jacqueline at Tinned Tomatoes.Pin It