Thursday, 4 July 2013

Rachel's Organic Yogurts - a review

I try to buy organic dairy products whenever possible. However, I do tend to stick to buying strawberry yogurts as I know the whole family will eat them. Rachel's probably have the largest range of organic yogurts in the UK, so I was keen to try out some of the more unusual flavours on my family.
Rachel's Organic Yogurts are produced by Britain's first ever certified organic dairy, which means that they are naturally higher in omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin A (beta carotene) and antioxidants than non-organic yogurts. Although they are no longer a small, family-owned business, they still retain the original Rachel's Dairy ethos and have 8 key environmental commitments help reduce packaging, food miles and energy consumption amongst others.
After trying several different varieties, we all had differing opinions; Mr O preferred the full fat Forbidden Fruits varieties, whereas I preferred the low fat Garden Fruits flavours plus the plain Greek-style. The kids weren't keen on the fruity lumps in the yogurts we tried, as they much prefer smooth yogurts. Despite their age, I think they would have preferred the Taste Explorers range, designed for young children, however I couldn't find these, or some of their other more exotic flavours in my local supermarkets.

Rachel's yogurts are great for breakfast, packed lunches and are also a versatile cooking ingredient. Visit www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/recipes for mouth watering recipe ideas, and become a fan of Rachel’s on Facebook or a follower on Twitter to receive regular news and information.
Image © courtesy of Rachel's 

Integrity Statement

I received some free samples of Rachel's to review. I did not receive payment, and was not required to write a positive review in return. The views expressed are genuinely those of myself and my family.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...