Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Goodlife Foods - a review

Goodlife Foods were one of the first vegetarian frozen food brands to be launched in the UK, way back in 1989, and they're still going strong. Unlike many new brands, their products are made from vegetables, grains, nuts and pulses rather than meat substitutes, which make them a good way to contribute to your 5-a-day intake.

I was very happy to try some of their products, mainly because I haven't bought them for quite a while, as my kids didn't like the visible and identifiable chunks of vegetables when they were younger!! Unfortunately the Glamorgan sausages didn't go down too well with them (too onion-y!) but Mr O and I really enjoyed them smothered in gravy with a roast dinner. I did find that they didn't keep their shape very well during cooking though, so they wouldn't really be suitable for barbecuing.


I must admit I was quite surprised by the girls' reaction to the spicy bean quarterpounders this time around...they loved them! We had them in burger buns with salad and a dollop of ketchup and they tasted great; nice and crispy on the outside, 
jam packed with a variety of tasty chunks of vegetable and beans inside and had a good spicy kick.

I'll certainly be buying the bean burgers again and I'm looking forward to trying some of Goodlife's other products, such as the hearty vegetable bakes and the spicy lentil and vegetable wedges
You can find Goodlife Foods on Facebook and Twitter.

Integrity Statement
I received some free samples from Goodlife Foods to review. I did not receive payment, and was not required to write a positive review in return. The views expressed are genuinely those of myself and my family. 

Images © courtesy of Goodlife Foods.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...