Saturday, 16 March 2013

Golden Wonder crisps - a review

You may remember a month or so ago, that Walkers decided to add real meat products to some of their previously vegetarian crisp flavours? This sparked off a public outcry from many vegetarian and vegan consumers (me included!). Well, since I am now boycotting Walkers crisps, I have had to find an alternative crisp manufacturer to give my custom to!

The nice people at Golden Wonder must have sensed my plight, as they offered to send me some samples of their Sausage & Tomato and HP sauce flavour crisps to test out. All of Golden Wonder's crisps are vegetarian-friendly and in addition, the following flavours are vegan: Ready Salted, Salt & Vinegar, Smoky Bacon, Sausage & Tomato and Pickled Onion.


"In light of recent news that one of our competitors have decided to put REAL meat into their crisps, we want to remind everyone that at Golden Wonder, we are staying loyal to our vegetarian fans…We think our Smoky Bacon and Sausage & Tomato flavours are pretty awesome as they are, and we have no plans to use real meat because at Golden Wonder we are, and always will be, vegetarian (and pig) friendly!"

I hadn't bought Golden Wonder crisps for years (mainly because none of the supermarkets I shop in seem to stock them,) but they are every bit as tasty as I remembered them...nice and crispy and packed full of flavour. We all actually preferred the crisps to Walkers, which was a pleasant surprise, and we particularly liked the HP sauce flavour which were like tomato sauce flavoured crisps with a spicy kick!

I've now tracked down a local stockist of Golden Wonder crisps (Home Bargains) and have also found that you can even order some varieties online for home delivery, so I'll certainly be buying them as my preferred crisp brand from now on.

Integrity Statement
I received some free samples of Golden Wonder crisps to review I did not receive payment, and was not required to write a positive review in return. The views expressed are genuinely those of myself and my family.

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. That's pretty bad isn't it? I prefer Golden Wonder crisps anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great - thanks for posting that. Sausage and Tomato flavour - fab!! I haven't tasted that flavour for years - must track down a stockist near Hungerford...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy how nice of them haha they're probably gonna play on this that they are still veggie :D I'll need to try some of these flavours! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're definitely taking advantage of the backlash...but why not?

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tip off, will remember that when I am in home bargains later in the week. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...