Monday, 17 September 2012

Add an extra 5-a-day to packed lunches with Nākd - A review

I've been making packed lunches for my kids for 9 years now. When the girls first started school, I went to a lot of trouble making sure they had a different lunch each day, but after a few years, the lunches had basically turned into:
  • A carton of fruit juice
  • A sandwich/wrap/crackers
  • A piece of fruit
  • A yogurt/fromage frais
  • A snack - biscuit bar/bag of crisps/homemade cake or flapjack etc.
We were asked to try some Nākd products and as I'm always on the lookout for new products which will be convenient, tasty (and reasonably healthy) to add to their lunch-boxes, I accepted. Nākd fruit and nut bars, oaty bars and flavoured raisins are ideal healthy lunchbox products, as they contain a 5-a-day (and they're vegan). 
We tried 2 of the new fruit and nut bars: Caffe Mocha and Rhubarb & Custard. To tell you the truth none of us were very keen. The natural flavours added, masked the fruitiness of the bars (so they might be good for fruit haters!) but we all agreed that the flavours weren't particularly appealing to us. I've bought the oaty bars before, and we definitely prefer those to the fruit and nut bars.

The flavour-infused raisins were a different matter though! We tried both the cola and the lime raisins and we all loved them; they really did taste like cola and lime which was quite strange, but delicious! At £7.99 for 18 x 25g bags (with free UK delivery from Natural Balance Foods) they're not cheap, but I would probably only add them to the girls' lunch-boxes a couple of times a week, which would make them last a while. 


Find more vegetarian 
sandwich and packed lunch ideas here.
Integrity Statement
I received 4 Nakd products to try. I was not required to write a positive review and the views expressed are genuinely those of myself and my family.  
Image used with kind permission from Natural Balance Foods ©

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...