Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Cocoa Boutique Chocolates - a review

©
I may have mentioned before that I love good quality chocolates, so when I received an introductory box of Cocoa Boutique chocolates to review, I was very excited. I was also amazed at how quickly Miss Ony and Miss Kahonie somehow managed to sniff them out almost as soon as they dropped through the letter box!

The packaging was well presented, robust and letter-box friendly, and I was impressed that all the chocolates were intact and in place when I opened up the box, which consisted of a range of luxury milk, white and dark chocolates, including truffles, pralines and buttons; The chocolates looked beautiful...some were real works of art and they smelt amazing.


©
I liked the detailed leaflet which accompanied the chocolates with details of the chocolatiers who had developed or made each chocolate, a score card, tasting notes and chocolate lingo which we used these during our taste test. Each chocolate was also described in detail and marked with its suitability for vegetarians (only one in this box wasn't) and whether they contained alcohol.

Our favourite chocolate over all (as a family) was the Ecuador 70% dark chocolate buttons, which had a delicious balance between an intense bitter cocoa hit and a subtle sweetness. My favourite was the dark chocolate brandy truffle and Mr O's chocolate of choice was the milk chocolate almond praline. My only criticism of this collection was that I would have preferred far more emphasis placed on high quality dark chocolates (and I would have been happy with no white chocolates at all, as I don't consider white chocolate to be real chocolate!).


©
How does the Cocoa Boutique work? The initial introductory box of chocolates which I received initially retailed at £34.95, but is now on offer for just £9.95 (which I think is is a really good deal). After receiving this, if you decide to subscribe to the Cocoa Boutique tasting club, you can then opt to receive further boxes every month, bi-monthly, quarterly or even every six months at a cost of £19.95 per box including delivery. You can cancel at any time, and if you're not completely happy, you can opt for the full money-back guarantee.

While I love the thought of a box of quality chocolates popping through my letter box every month or two, the price would put me off somewhat. However a years membership would make a lovely gift, which I'm sure would be appreciated by most people.

Integrity Statement
I received a free introductory box of chocolates to review from Cocoa Boutique. I was not required to write a positive review and the views expressed are genuinely those of myself and my family. 

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I'm such a sucker for chocolates myself! They all look so delicious, just the pictures make me hungry! Thanks for sharing this, I'll have to look into their monthly prize draw for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look GOOOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were rather yummy and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just ordered the Best Of The Best Selection . Yum ! Looks so delicious, can't wait to devour them :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...