- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots/1 small sweet potato/1 courgette/zucchini, grated
- 6-8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn or 150g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tin of baked beans (or mixed beans in mild chilli sauce)
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 1 portion of tomato & chilli pasta sauce
- 100g/4oz grated cheese or vegan cheese
Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the herbs and spices, the mushrooms, pepper and carrots/sweet potato/courgette and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until softened slightly.
Stir in the tomato puree, garlic, sweetcorn and baked beans.
Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Divide the chilli mixture between the wraps. Roll them up and place (seam side down) in a row in the dish.
Pour the remaining sauce over the wraps and top with the grated cheese.
Cook for 20-30 minutes at 160C/150C Fan/Gas 3.
Serve with a green salad, soured cream/guacamole/salsa etc.
Alternative: Use frozen mixed vegetables and a jar of ready-made pasta sauce for an even speedier dinner.