Friday, 25 February 2011

Vegan candles from Nyan Nyan - Delicious!

I've always wanted to have a go at making my own candles, but it's one of those things that I've never quite got round to doing. Once I started researching and realised I needed the wax, the essential oils, the molds, the wicks etc,etc, it seemed like just a bit too much effort to make a few candles.

Lucy, from the intriguingly-named Nyan Nyan was more determined than me! She makes and sells beautiful (looking and smelling) vegan candles, made from eco-soya wax and fragranced with essential oils. If you didn't realise that not all candles are vegan (or necessarily even vegetarian) you just need to look at a few candle ingredient lists to spot the added beeswax, tallow and animal-derived/tested colours, scents and additives. Of course, most mass manufactured 'cheapo' candles are made from paraffin wax these days, but burning a candle made from processed crude-oil isn't everyone's cup of tea either...

...Oh, talking of cups of tea, Nyan Nyan also sell candles made in delicate vintage china tea cups, which can be washed out and reused, or displayed, long after the candle has burned out. These would make a lovely (and unique) present for a mum (Mother's Day?) or friend, and will certainly last longer and cost less than your average bouquet of flowers. They also sell candles with personalised labels, which would be great for wedding favours or gifts.

I received a Lemon Sherbet candle from Lucy, as she's recently relaunched her online shop and wanted some willing volunteers to test out her luxury candles. Before I even finished opening the parcel, I could smell the delicious, zesty aroma of lemon wafting towards me! The candle (infused with may chang, grapefruit & lemon essential oils) was beautifully presented and wrapped in coloured tissue paper. It gives out a lovely aroma once lit, which fills the whole room and smells a million times nicer than those horrible chemical air fresheners which seem all the rage at the moment; I know which scent I'd rather breathe in!

For more information, or to order, visit Nyan Nyan or email Lucy: mail@nyan-nyan.co.uk

Integrity Statement
I received 1 Lemon Sherbert candle from Nyan Nyan to review. I did not receive payment, and the views expressed are genuinely those of myself.

Images courtesy of Nyan Nyan ©
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. The lemon sherbet candles sound amazing.

    I love vintage tea cup candles - but grr this is why I can never find any in the charity shops anymore!

    Lovely review. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...